College Readiness and Workplace Education
College and Workplace Education Readiness is the framework of the curriculum at Hamilton City Aspire Program. This FREE program focuses on what adults need to know and be able to do in order to carry out their roles and responsibilities as workers, parents, family members, citizens and community members. Aspire students strengthen lifelong learning skills to enter post-secondary classes or strengthen skills necessary to create an educated workforce for the 21st Century.
- Academic Skills Update is available for all adults to improve reading, writing, and math skills. Teachers help students prepare for exams such as Para Pro, Work Keys, and Accuplacer.
- Ohio High School Equivalence Diploma Preparation is included for students who want to obtain a diploma. We want to help participants without a high school diploma obtain this credential as quickly as possible.
- Work Ready / Career Ready Work Keys Certification can help adults get better jobs or enter training programs to learn new skills.
- Distance Learning options are available for students who cannot regularly attend Aspire classes. English for Speakers of Other Languages classes are available to help people learn to speak, write, and read English.
- Computer assisted instruction is available. Students can also learn basic computer skills such as keyboarding and word processing.
- FREE College Transition Classes are held at Miami Hamilton campus to help students choose careers and prepare for college.
New Student Intake
For more information call 894-0301 to learn more about how Aspire can help you prepare for your future. Informational conferences and diagnostic testing are required for everyone who participates in the Aspire program including distance learning options. Intake is held every Monday and Tuesday at Ohio Means Jobs, day and evening times. Students must attend both days. Students can attend classes at any Aspire site after they complete the intake process.
Call 513-894-0301 to reserve your seat at the next Aspire intake.